Thursday, September 3, 2009

Anyone for a SweeTango?

Fall is my favorite time.  School begins, leaves change, it's high fashion season, Halloween approaces, and most importantly, it's harvest time!  Corn, pumpkins, and apples aplenty.
It was only last fall that I discovered the Honeycrisp apple.  It was embarrassing.  I purchased and stuffed myself with as many as I could find while they were still available.  Fruit nirvana!  Today I learned of a new variety, the SweeTango!  Fortunately, an appointment today will place me close to Central Market to search for a SweeTango.  Here is a video introduction to the SweeTango.

My hometown in Pennsylvania is home to "Apple Castle" a tiny but wildly popular roadside attraction in the Amish community of New Wilmington.  A trip home is not complete without paying my respects to Apple Castle, the only place I know of that offers apple donuts, apple butter, applie slushies, and the greatest apple cider ever pressed.  It is the single greatest apple desination I've found yet. (Here is a photo of me trying out an Amish bonnet during my visit there in August...)
Bring home a new variety of apple this month.  After all, some of the best things in life are apples:  record labels, computers, cheeks, Siamese cats, and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment